||CDL Trainer, Heavy Equipment (Adjunct - Non-Bargaining)
Under the direct supervision of the Dean, provides instructional services, maintains a safe working area and conditions, and prepares and assists students in earning their CDL-A with appropriate endorsements. Training includes CDL-A permit test prep, pre-trip skills test prep, basic controls skills test prep, and road/driving skills test prep.
Duties and Responsibilities
- PROVIDES INSTRUCTIONAL SERVICES: Assist with development of course outcomes and curriculum which are consistent with Academic Affairs, department, and technology / program goals; convey course outcomes and expectations to students according to college policy; organize and manage instructional activities; use appropriate learner-centered instructional methods; provide evaluation methods appropriate to stated outcomes; evaluate student learning in a fair manner; posts and maintains sufficient office hours compatible with student schedules; maintain accurate records of evaluation and course work including attendance; submit grades as required and on time; regularly seeks feedback on course delivery and student learning; participate in college evaluation system of instructional services; revise / update courses regularly.
- At all times maintains a safe working area and conditions.
- Evaluates student success rate and modifies curriculum and instructional strategies accordingly.
Qualifications – Education, Experience, and Skills
- Valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL-A).
- 3 years of over-the-road experience within the last 5 years.
- Clean MVR and background check, including no DUI/DWI in lifetime.
- Must have current DOT medical card and ability to pass DOT drug tests upon hire and on an ongoing basis.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and technology skills including usage of email, student information system, and learning management system preferred.
- One year of teaching experience preferred.
- AAS/ATS or above in a technical field preferred but not required.
- Ohio Department of Public Safety Class A Instructor Training License preferred.
- Ohio Department of Public Safety Class A Training Manager License preferred.
- Knowledge of procedures for and ability to execute pre-trip inspection, air-brake test and CDL driving essentials (i.e. straight-line backing, 45 degree alley-docking, parallel parking-sight side/blind side). Ability to instruct shifting patterns (i.e. driving highway, city, night vs. day, in different weather conditions). Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to maintain vehicle and equipment.
- Knowledge of safe working conditions.
- Interest in and commitment to the learner-centered educational process.
- Confidentiality, positive attitude, and a caring attitude toward students.
- Organizational, record-keeping, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of subject area.
- Knowledge learning styles, educational theory and application preferred.
- Learning and self-motivation skills.
- Behaves in accordance with Hocking College and Academic Affairs mission, goals, and values.
- Evidence of professional development in the field of concentration as demonstrated by activity in professional associations, consultative practice; participation in seminars, workshops, and formal coursework, and individual reading and research preferred.
|How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to the Office of Human Resources (3301 Hocking Parkway Nelsonville, OH 45764), email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax a resume or cover letter to 740-753-7039. Position will remain open until filled.
Hocking College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, age, disability or military status in employment or the provision of services.
When contacted for an interview, an applicant who requires special accommodations due to a disability should notify the office at that time so proper arrangements can be made for the interview.
|Contact Information||Human Resources
3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville, OH 45764