||Dental Hygiene Program Administrator
Under the direct supervision of the Dean of the Health and Nursing Division, School of Health and Safety, the Program Administrator for the Dental Hygiene program will perform the following functions: Obtain initial accreditation and maintain program accreditation standards through the Commission on Dental Accreditation; provide instructional services; perform student advising activities; engage in continuous professional development in both teaching and discipline -specific theory and practice; participate in departmental activities; participate in Academic Affairs and other institutional activities; and maintain safe working area and conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Administrator must have the ability to fulfill program goals including:
- Obtain initial accreditation and maintain program accreditation standards through the Commission on Dental Accreditation.
- Curriculum development, evaluation and revision.
- Faculty recruitment, assignments and supervision.
- Input into faculty evaluations.
- Initiation of program or department in-service and faculty development.
- Assessing, planning, and operating program facilities.
- Input into budget preparation and fiscal administration.
- Coordination, evaluation and participation in determining admission criteria and procedures as well as student promotion and retention criteria.
- Advise students.
- Develop and maintain Dental Hygiene program projects, program reviews, accreditation reports, book orders, student files and records.
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned.
Qualifications – Education, Experience, and Skills
- Dental Hygienist who is a graduate of a program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation and possesses a masters or higher degree or is currently enrolled in a masters or higher degree program or a dentist who has background in education and the professional experience to understand and fulfill the program goals.
- Professional experience of 3-5 years in clinical practice as a dental hygienist or working with a dental hygienist
- Documented background in current educational methodology concepts consistent with teaching assignments. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in teaching
- Excellent attention to detail, initiative and follow-through in order to achieve goals
- Strong computer skills-MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal and public relations skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
|How to Apply
Interested applicants may send cover letter and resume to the Office of Human Resources (3301 Hocking parkway Nelsonville, OH 45764), email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax cover letter and resume to (740) 753-7039. This position will remain open until filled.
Hocking College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, age, disability or military status in employment or the provision of services.
When contacted for an interview, an applicant who requires special accommodations due to a disability should notify the office at that time so proper arrangements can be made for the interview.
|Contact Information||Human Resources
3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville, OH 45764