Discover U Career Camps
Hocking College Summer Experience Camp provides students Grades 1-12 with a first-hand opportunity to participate in their future careers. Students select their program of choice and receive instruction from Hocking College faculty and staff each day. High School and Middle School Guidance Counselors & Teachers are also encouraged to register and attend. Students will be divided into groups of Grades 6-8 and Grades 9-12.
Campers will choose from the following program options:
- 911 - Gain hands-on experience in areas of law enforcement, corrections, fire and emergency medical services. Tour the Southeastern Ohio Regional jail and leave with certifications in Pediatric CPR and First Aid, training in the proper use of fire extinguishers, unarmed self-defense, and much more. Jun 5-8, 2017
- The Great Outdoors - When we say ‘in the field’, we mean it! Experience our hands on approach to ‘learning by doing’ in the beautiful forests, fields and lakes of Southeastern Ohio. Jun 5-8, 2017
- For the Health of It - Explore health and nursing careers. Enjoy hand-on activities that prepare you for the world of work. Jun 12-15, 2017
- Iron Chef Hocking Style - Love to cook and bake for your family? Always watching the Food Network? Then this camp is for you! Our culinary instructors will teach you what you need to start on your path of becoming a junior master chef!! Jun 12-15, 2017
- Digital Darkroom - No matter your level of experience, this photography and Photoshop course will let you creatively explore your surroundings and teach you to edit your work using Adobe Photoshop. Jun 12-15, 2017
- Be Your Own Boss - Learn the basics of starting your own business, building your own website, and marketing yourself online. Jun 19-22, 2017
- From the Ground Up - Demand is ‘building’ for individuals trained in construction, electricity and skilled craftwork. Get hands on and find out if this is the career for you!! Jun 19-20, 2017 (2 day camp)
- Giddy-Up - A great introduction to horse care, safety, handling and riding. We will cover grooming, saddling, arena exercises and finish with a fun trail ride. June 21, 2017 (1 day camp)
Camps are non-residential and run from 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. daily. The registration cost includes lunch & snack. Visit https://hockingcollege.regfox.com/discover-u-career-camps to register or call 740.753.7149 for more information.