Associate of Individualized Study
The Associate of Individualized Study (AIS) is an individually planned program designed to serve an educational objective that cannot be served through another Hocking College degree program. The typical AIS student plans to attend a four-year college or university, has unusual career goals, may be an entrepreneur, and may want to complete 30 credits from two or more technical programs. An Associate of Individualized Study is awarded for the satisfactory completion of a minimum of 60 credit hours with a concentration of thirty or more credit hours in one of the following:
- A coherent combination of courses from a minimum of two and a maximum of four Hocking College associate degree programs;
- Up to 30 credit hours for documented educational experiences or courses completed at other institutions of higher learning or educational enterprises judged acceptable by Hocking College; or,
- An unusual but academically coherent combination of technical and general studies courses.
The individualized study process involves the following steps:
- Enroll in GS 1135, Associate of Individualized Study Degree Development Seminar;
- Contact the 4-year college or university to learn their requirements for a bachelor’s degree in order to incorporate those requirements into your AIS plan at Hocking College;
- Select academic advisors from each area of concentration to sit on your degree approval committee; and,
- You may also choose to incorporate Hocking’s Transfer Module, which requires 36-40 credits, into your Associate of Individualized Study degree program.
An individual study program is a worthwhile option for many students, and its flexibility that allows one to transfer to another college in Ohio or out-of-state is particularly attractive. For the freedom to develop your own degree program, choose the Associate of Individualized Study program at Hocking College.
Ready to get started? Apply for the Individualized Study Degree Program here.
This program is designed to meet individual goals and objectives. Program outcomes will be determined as part of program development.
Associate of Individual Study in Associate of Individualized Study
Course of Study
For students entering May 2016
|COURSE NO.||CORE REQUIREMENT||Class Hours||Lab Hours||Credit Hours||Course Fee|
|GS-1135||AIS & ATS Degree Development||1.00||0.00||1.00||$30.00|
|ENGL-1510||English Composition I||4.00||0.00||4.00||$50.00|
|***||Social Science/Psychology Elective||0.00||0.00||3.00|
|***||Natural Science Elective||0.00||0.00||3.00|
|ENGL-1104||Job Search Techniques||1.00||0.00||1.00||$15.00|
|TOTAL CREDIT HOURS:||ESTIMATED TOTAL COURSE FEES:|
Hocking College reserves the right to modify curricular requirements, to change course content, and change course fees at any time.
The Associate of Individualized Study is a customized program designed to meet the career goals of the individual student.