Hocking College Veteran and Military Student Services will help you achieve your goals in Higher Education by:
- Providing educational benefits counseling to help you maximize funding sources linked to your military service.
- Providing information and assistance in filing your VA Education claim, Certifying hours of enrollment and processing GI Bill / VA benefit payments.
Evaluating your military training and experience for transfer credit purposes and providing information
on sources of transfer credit to include:
- Joint Services Transcript (JST)
- Community College of the Air Force Transcript (CCAF)
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Prior Learning Assessment (PLA)
- Assisting you in obtaining tuition assistance from your branch of service. (Current service members only)
- Connecting you with Hocking College and community student support services.
- Providing a place to unwind and connect with fellow Veterans and military members. (Veterans Lounge - JL 261B)
- Helping Veterans and service members resolve barriers preventing them from obtaining their education goal.
- Giving Veterans and service members a 20% discount on books in the Hocking College Bookstore.
- Providing Priority Registration periods for Veterans and service members.