Application Procedures for Veterans and Service Members - Accelerate Your Path to Success by Taking the Following Steps:

  1. Apply online at if you are attending class on campus. If you are enrolling in our Military Online Degree Completion Program please complete the Military Application.

  2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at You may qualify for additional funding even if VA benefits are paying your tuition costs.

  3. Apply for Hocking College Scholarships.

  4. Request your Official Joint Services Transcript (JST) be sent to Hocking College at Air Force personnel request your Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) Transcript at

  5. Decide which funding source best suits your current situation.
    1. If you have not received a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the VA, file a VA claim for educational benefits at If you have your COE turn it in to our School Certifying Official (see POC info). If you have previously received benefits while attending another college or university you must submit a Change of Training Site Form(VA Form 22-1995) to the VA. You may do this online at
    2. Current service members may apply for tuition assistance through their branch of service:
    3. Ohio National Guard members must apply for the Ohio National Guard Scholarship Program by published deadline dates at
    4. If you are confused about which education benefit(s) to use for your particular situation do not hesitate to contact our Veteran and Military Student Success Advocate to discuss your options (see POC information below).

  6. Schedule and attend a Quick Start session if attending in resident status. See information at
Print Directions
Turn By Turn:
Reset Close