Associate in Applied Science in Interactive Multimedia
Interactive Multimedia encompasses a broad array of skills and technologies. In the Interactive Multimedia program, you will:
• Create and manipulate digital photos
• Create logos and artwork
• Shoot and edit video
• Record music and sound effects
• Create 3D worlds
• Design visual effects
• Write scripts and programs to add interactivity
Interactive Multimedia also involves working with data and information. You will use standard industry tools to store, retrieve, organize and present information in a meaningful way. In this program, you will create simple websites, e-commerce portals and social media.
Learn how to create appealing websites and products that work well and meet the client’s needs. The Interactive Multimedia program allows you to work on real-world client projects to gain knowledge and skill in assessing client objectives, mapping out plans for implementation and creating a finished product that meets the client’s needs.
The following outcomes are skills, behaviors, and attitudes cultivated in students seeking the Associate in Applied Science in Interactive Multimedia:
- Produces an interactive multimedia project from initial idea to finished product.
- Uses digital media design software to create multimedia applications.
- Uses digital cameras, audio recorders, scanners, and other tools to create media elements.
- Installs, configures, and maintains computer software and hardware.
- Uses teamwork to solve problems and complete projects.
- Communicates with co-workers and users in an effective and professional manner.
- Manages a project, including creating budgets and schedules; planning and assigning tasks; and billing for services.
- Observes copyright law, trademarks, and other relevant legal issues.
Associate of Applied Science in Interactive Multimedia
Course of Study
For students entering May 2016
|COURSE NO.||FIRST SEMESTER||Class Hours||Lab Hours||Credit Hours||Course Fee|
|EC-1102||Developing & Managing an Online Business||2.00||2.00||3.00||$204.00|
|IM-1131||Interactive Media I||2.00||2.00||3.00||$225.00|
|NET-1100||Web Page Design||2.00||2.00||3.00||$100.00|
|COURSE NO.||SECOND SEMESTER||Class Hours||Lab Hours||Credit Hours||Course Fee|
|IM-1132||Interactive Media II||2.00||4.00||4.00||$275.00|
|CS-1100||Problem Solving and Analysis||2.00||2.00||3.00||$75.00|
|***||Natural Science Elective||0.00||0.00||3.00|
|COURSE NO.||THIRD SEMESTER||Class Hours||Lab Hours||Credit Hours||Course Fee|
|IM-2210||Video Production & Compositing||2.00||4.00||4.00||$450.00|
|IM-2133||Interactive Media III||2.00||4.00||4.00||$275.00|
|MUS-1130||Introduction to Digital Production||3.00||2.00||4.00||$300.00|
|ENGL-1510||English Composition I||4.00||0.00||4.00||$50.00|
|COURSE NO.||FOURTH SEMESTER||Class Hours||Lab Hours||Credit Hours||Course Fee|
|IM-2260||Multimedia Portfolio Development (SL)||2.00||4.00||4.00||$315.00|
|ENGL-1104||Job Search Techniques||1.00||0.00||1.00||$15.00|
|***||Social Science Elective||0.00||0.00||3.00|
|TOTAL CREDIT HOURS:||ESTIMATED TOTAL COURSE FEES:|
Hocking College reserves the right to modify curricular requirements, to change course content, and change course fees at any time.
Although the top choices for graduates with Interactive Multimedia degrees include web developers, multimedia artists/animators or graphic designers, many more possibilities are available. As a graduate of the Interactive Multimedia Technology you can choose from a number of job titles including:
- audio/visual specialist
- media designer
- production assistant
- virtual reality designer
- web designer
- web developer
- multimedia programmer
- web content designer
- project manager
- visual design consultant