||Adjunct Hotel & Restaurant Management Instructor Position
Adjunct Hotel Restaurant Instructor Position – (Non-Bargaining Unit Position)
Under the direct supervision of the Dean, provides instructional services; maintains a safe working area and conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- PROVIDES INSTRUCTIONAL SERVICES: Assist with development of course outcomes and curriculum which are consistent with Academic Affairs, department, and technology / program goals; convey course outcomes and expectations to students according to college policy; organize and manage instructional activities; use appropriate learner-centered instructional methods; provide evaluation methods appropriate to stated outcomes; evaluate student learning in a fair manner; posts and maintains sufficient office hours compatible with student schedules; maintain accurate records of evaluation and course work including attendance; submit grades as required and on time; regularly seeks feedback on course delivery and student learning; participate in college evaluation system of instructional services; revise / update courses regularly.
Position Requirements: The individual teaching Hotel & Restaurant Management must also have the following qualifications:
- Associate’s degree and five (5) year’s experience in the industry.
- Certified Hospitality Educator or Certified Hotel administrator certificate from the AHLA
- Knowledge of appropriate safety and sanitation procedures, and supervisory management
- Degree must be from a regionally or nationally accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent as verified by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc.Evidence of professional development in the field of concentration as demonstrated by activity in professional associations, consultative practice; participation in seminars, workshops, and formal coursework, and individual reading and research.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong technology skills including usage of email, student information system, and learning management system
- Organizational, record-keeping, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of subject area.
- Knowledge of educational theory and application.
- Knowledge of learners and individual learning styles.
- Interest in and commitment to the learner-centered educational process.
- Educational technology skills.
- Caring attitude toward students.
- Learning and self-motivation skills.
- Willingness to extend self to help students succeed.
- Behaves in accordance with Hocking College and Academic Affairs mission, goals, and values.
- Positive attitude.
- Knowledge of safe working conditions.
|How to Apply
Applicants may send cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Office (3301 Hocking Parkway, Nelsonville, OH 45764), email cover letter and resume to email@example.com, or fax cover letter and resume to 740-753-7039. Deadline to apply is: 5:00 pm on Monday, October 26, 2015. Equal Opportunity Employer
Reasonable accommodations may be requested and reviewed according to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
|Contact Information||Human Resources
3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville, OH 45764