||Director, Foundation Hocking College
The Director provides leadership to the Hocking College Foundation, working directly with the Foundation Board and President to maximize resource development through grants, philanthropy, and campaign projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- As a strategist:
- Develop goals in collaboration with the Foundation Board and College President to maximize resource development of the Foundation.
- Develop a three year strategic plan including annual tactical plans in collaboration with the Foundation Board and College President to achieve foundation goals for development.
2. Maximize the President’s time by preparing the President for donor calls with background information and goals in working with individuals, foundations, and organizational donors.
- Oversee the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to give solicitation and acceptance to meet the needs of donors and limit risk to the College.
- Participate in prospect management tracking program to systematically cultivate, solicit and steward donors. Includes managing a pool of top tier prospects with particular attention to identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Oversee Foundation events including the annual Great Outdoor Adventure show which also serves as Hocking College Homecoming. This involves the coordination of volunteers from the college for such events.
- As a skilled writer, prepare written proposals, informational materials, gift illustrations and other documents to secure major gifts, including proposals to corporation and foundations.
- Assist in the recruitment, training, scheduling and evaluation of volunteers involved in events, campaign and development projects in collaboration with the Board Chair and Foundation Board.
- Provide regular reports of activities and accomplishments to the Foundation Board and the College’s Board of Trustees.
- Serve as a College representative with community organizations and at community events.
- The College President and the Hocking College Foundation Board collectively develop performance standards and provide performance appraisals.
Qualifications – Education, Experience, and Skills
- Associates Degree with the ability to achieve Bachelor's degree on a specified timeline.
- Hocking College Alumni preferred.
- Ability to friend-raising and cultivate gifts while working with Foundation Leadership and/or President.
- Three years of work experience in community development or related experience preferred.
- Member of the Council for Resource Development or Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) certification preferred.
- Required to live in Athens, Hocking or Perry Counties.
|How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume,cover letter and salary requirements to the Office of Human Resources (3301 Hocking Parkway Nelsonville, OH 45764), email a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax a resume,cover letter and salary requirements to 740-753-7039. Position will remain open until filled.
Hocking College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, age, disability or military status in employment or the provision of services.
When contacted for an interview, an applicant who requires special accommodations due to a disability should notify the office at that time so proper arrangements can be made for the interview.
|Contact Information||Human Resources
3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville, OH 45764