||Adjunct Geology Instructor
Under the direct supervision of the Dean, performs the following functions as per the professional bargaining unit contract: Provide instructional services; Perform academic advising activities; Engage in continuous professional development in both teaching and discipline-specific theory and practice; Participate in department activities; Participate in department activities; Participate in new student enrollment activities (recruitment, registration, Discover Hocking, and Showcase); Participate in Academic Affairs and other institutional activities; Maintains a safe working area and conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- PROVIDES INSTRUCTIONAL SERVICES: Assist with development of course outcomes and curriculum which are consistent with Academic Affairs, department, and technology / program goals; convey course outcomes and expectations to students according to college policy; organize and manage instructional activities; use appropriate learner-centered instructional methods; provide evaluation methods appropriate to stated outcomes; evaluate student learning in a fair manner; posts and maintains sufficient office hours compatible with student schedules; maintain accurate records of evaluation and course work including attendance; submit grades as required and on time; regularly seeks feedback on course delivery and student learning; participate in college evaluation system of instructional services; revise / update courses regularly.
- PARTICIPATES IN ACADEMIC AFFAIRS AND INSTITUTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Is familiar with the mission and philosophy of Hocking College; follows Hocking College policies and procedures; promote a positive working relationship across technology, department, and community lines; participate in Academic Affairs and institutional activities and committees; contribute to the assessment of student academic achievement;
- At all times maintains a safe working area and conditions.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned, which should not be over 10 to 15%.
Qualifications – Education, Experience, and Skills
- M.S. in Geology or a Master's of Science in an associated field with cohesive set of at least 18 semester credit hours of graduate course work relevant to Geology.
- Degree must be from a regionally or nationally accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent as verified by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc.
- Evidence of professional development in the field of concentration as demonstrated by activity in professional associations, consultative practice; participation in seminars, workshops, and formal coursework, and individual reading and research.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong technology skills including usage of email, student information system, and learning management system
- Organizational, record-keeping, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of subject area.
- Knowledge of educational theory and application.
- Knowledge of learners and individual learning styles.
- Interest in and commitment to the learner-centered educational process.
- Educational technology skills.
- Caring attitude toward students.
- Learning and self-motivation skills.
- Willingness to extend self to help students succeed.
- Behaves in accordance with Hocking College and Academic Affairs mission, goals, and values.
- Positive attitude.
- Knowledge of safe working conditions.
|How to Apply
Interested applicants may send cover letter and resume to the Office of Human Resources (3301 Hocking parkway Nelsonville, OH 45764), email cover letter and resume to email@example.com, or fax cover letter and resume to (740) 753-7039. This position will remain open until filled.
Hocking College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, age, disability or military status in employment or the provision of services.
When contacted for an interview, an applicant who requires special accommodations due to a disability should notify the office at that time so proper arrangements can be made for the interview.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested and reviewed according to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
|Contact Information||Human Resources
3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville, OH 45764