||Custodian Shift Sunday through Thursday 2:00 pm to 10:30 pm (Support Staff Bargaining Unit Postion)
Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Physical Plant and Land Management Division, will perform the following operations: Perform building custodial tasks; Assist with special event arrangements; and Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform building custodial tasks: Empty trash including recycling bins; dust; clean blackboards; sweep and/or shampoo carpets; clean windows and light fixtures; mop/wax/strip tile floors; replace light bulbs; wash walls; clean water fountains; clean restrooms; vacuum furniture; wash mirrors; empty pencil sharpeners; clean and refill soap, toilet paper and towel dispensers; clean air vents; clean elevator; clean tables in dining area; paint and prep; wash/sweep/replace floor mats; and sweep/wash stairs;
- Assist with special event arrangements
- Engage in professional development activities as needed
- Cleans building entryways and patios, including snow removal
Qualifications – Education, Experience, and Skills
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals
- Operate cleaning equipment and handle materials properly and safely
- Incumbents must be able to exert considerable to heavy physical effort while performing manual labor including standing, walking, climbing stairs and ladders, reaching, stretching, bending, kneeling, and manual dexterity. Incumbents must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Incumbents are exposed to unpleasant odors, dirt, dust and chemicals, and moving mechanical parts. Incumbents may be required to wear protective clothing or equipment including goggles, gloves, and boots
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of safety rules and regulations
- Organizational skills
- Public relations skills
- Ability to work with others
- Ability to calculate fractions, decimals, and percentages
- Ability to follow instruction manuals
|How to Apply
Outside employees will be hired at no greater than Step 5. Step 1 hourly rate is $9.17.
Applicants may send cover letter and resume to the Office of Human Resources, email cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax cover letter and resume to (740)753-7039. Position will remain open until filled.
Hocking College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, age, disability or military status in employment or the provision of services.
When contacted for an interview, an applicant who requires special accommodations due to a disability should notify the office at that time so proper arrangements can be made for the interview.
|Contact Information||Human Resources
3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville, OH 45764