||Welding Training Manager
The welding instructor is responsible for the management and instruction of the welding program at Hocking College. This includes lab and classroom setup, curriculum development and implementation, student and program assessment and growth, industry relevancy, and student employment outcomes. The individual will serve as an integral member of a team providing industry-led instruction in welding disciplines, and will be expected to provide instruction in all phases of welding and related areas. The instructor must be credentialed and competent in advanced welding materials and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a sustainable industry newcomer and workforce development training model
- Collaborate with Facilities Director to establish goals and timelines in the establishment and utilization of welding and related facilities and training spaces
- Validate and maintain industry relevant program outcomes using sector, industry, advisory boards input, apprenticeship and state and nationally recognized welding certifications
- Deliver basic through advanced courses in welding processes including shielded metal arc welding, gas metal arc welding, flux cored arc welding, metallurgy, oxyfuel and arc cutting processes, gas tungsten arc welding, welding fabrication, cutting, and pipe and high pressure system welding using metals like mild steel, stainless steel, and aluminum
- Create training schedules and monitor student performance
- Ensure students are prepared to test for structural certifications by the American Welding Society (AWS) in 2G, 3G, 4G, V-groove, SMAW as well as pipe certification in 6G, SMAW, and 6G GTAW/SMAW or DD equivalent
- Maintain student records, program records, employment outcome records and records according to Hocking College policy
- Maintain, communicate and follow Hocking College policies, FERPA, POWER,
Qualifications – Education, Experience, and Skills
- High school diploma or general education (GED)
- Associate’s Degree
- Current welding certifications in the following: Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) and/or Certified Welding Educator (CWE) through American Welding Society (AWS) or equivalent
- Successful completion of 6G weld test
- 5 plus years of experience in related welding industry
- Experience welding in the construction, structural, pipe, fabrication and manufacturing industries
- Experience setting up and operating GMAW, SMAW, FCAW, GTAW, Oxy/Fuel and/or Plasma cutting equipment
- In-depth understanding of welding and cutting processes including welding different metal types: steel, aluminum, stainless steel
- Ability to read, understand, and use technical drawings or blueprints to manufacture components
- Ability to use and instruct using industry required equipment and simulators
- Demonstrate pedagogical proficiency
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and technology skills including usage of email, student information system, and learning management system preferred
- Interest in and commitment to the learner-centered and performance based educational process
- Evidence of professional development in the field of concentration as demonstrated by activity in professional associations, consultative practice; participation in seminars, workshops, and formal coursework, and individual reading and research preferred
- Ability to understand and provide leadership to achieve student and program goals and address industry needs
- Ability to work in collaborative environment and foster industry and government partnerships in an effort to create sustainable workforce solutions in the transportation industry.
- Ability to influence, encourage and build mutual trust, respect and cooperation across teams
|How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to the Office of Human Resources (3301 Hocking Parkway Nelsonville, OH 45764), email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or fax a resume or cover letter to 740-753-7039. Position will remain open until filled.
Hocking College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, age, disability or military status in employment or the provision of services.
When contacted for an interview, an applicant who requires special accommodations due to a disability should notify the office at that time so proper arrangements can be made for the interview.
|Contact Information||Human Resources
3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville, OH 45764